Thursday, September 13, 2012

to new beginnings

All Circles - mewithouthYou


I have always lived violently, drunk hugely, eaten too much or not at all, slept around the clock or missed two nights of sleeping. worked too hard and too long in glory, or slobbed for a time in utter laziness. I've lifted, pulled, chopped, climbed, made love with joy and taken my hangovers as a consequence, not as a punishment. To be hopeful in bad times is not just foolishly romantic. It is based on the face that human history not only of cruelty, but also of compassion sacrifice, courage, and kindness. What we choose to emphasize in this complex history will determine our lives. If we see only the worst, it destroys our capacity to do something. If we remember those times and places - and there are so many - where people have behaved magnificently, this gives us the energy to act, and at least the possibility of sending this spinning top of a world in a different direction. And if we do act, in however small a way, we don't have to wait for some grand utopian future. The future is an infinite succession of presents, and to life now as we think human beings should live, in defiance of all that is bad around us, is itself a marvelous victory.


This is to be the beginning of a blog meant to share my wildest dreams, my most humble creations, and the adventures in which i will triumphently succeed at documenting or sometimes fail to show the true beautiful nature in which they occur. Never the less, please take the time to write to me, tell me of your tales, or ideas. Let me know your thoughts of my tales and troubles. Like my name says, we all bloom from this earth and disappear into the cosmos. Lets enjoy the time in between.


Until the next beginning,

Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment