Wednesday, October 24, 2012

DIY BLEACH TANK

First off my apologies for the delay of posts, I've been super duper busy and trying to find time for posts but its much harder than it looks! Anywho, I found time the other day to create a sweet and quick DIY halloween costume of a skeleton. Figure why not continue and use it for a post!

All of the shirts pictured are available for sale at $15 each!
Email me at:
thebloomingcosmos@gmail.com
or leave a comment below with an email to reach you

DIY : BLEACH TANKS





WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
1. A thin paint brush
2. A cup of bleach
3. 1/2 cup of water
4. A work surface
(I laid down some cardboard)
5. A flat object to place between the layers of your tank
(again I used cardboard)
6. A tank top
7. A small piece of chalk




STEP ONE
Lay the tank down on your work surface with the cardboard slice between the two layers of the
tank so you do not get bleach on the back side (unless this is the look you're going for!)

STEP TWO
Use the chalk to create a basic outline of what you would like to accomplish, I chose a few French
 slang terms with translations as my design, hence the need for a thin brush.


STEP THREE
Mix 1/2 the bleach into the water mix. Use this to draw your top words, I wanted to create two
different tones of color when writing, the brighter you want the words the more bleach you should use.

STEP FOUR
Using just the bleach now, write the bottom row of words. I changed up my font for this part.

STEP FIVE
Let your tank sit for a bit, about 30min to an hour so it can fully lighten, don't get nervous if it doesn't 
happen right away, the more water you use the slower the color change is.

STEP SIX
Rinse the tank in water and let it air dry or throw in the dryer for a bit. 







And there you go! 
xx




Ps. This was my first DIY for halloween as mentioned above,
let me know if you want to see this DIY as well! 





No comments:

Post a Comment